What are Terpenes? Terpenes are essential oils that are found in all plants, they are responsible for the plant's smell and taste (flavour profile). Cannabis plants have a naturally high level of terpenes. Different strains of cannabis have different terpenes present.
What are the benefits of terpenes? Terpenes have unique medicinal properties. The most common terpenes found in cannabis strains are;
- Myrcene has a her herbal flavour profile and promotes sleep and relaxation
- Limonene has a citrus flavour profile and potential effects are mood improvement and stress relief
- Caryophyllene has a pepper & wood flavour profile and is anti-inflammatory
- Terpinolene has a pine & floral flavour profile and is associated with uplifting effects
- Pinene creates the strongest pine flavour profile and is associated with concentration
- Humulene has a hops, earthy & wood flavour profile and is anti-inflammatory
- Ocimene is sweet citrus with slight earthy tones. A great decongestant
- Linalool is strong floral flavour profile and potential effects are mood improvement and also promotes sleep
Terpenes are another great way to help maintain your health alongside CBD. We stock over 30 different terpene infused CBD e liquids, shortfills, isolates (including DIY kit), flavour concentrates and terpene boosters.